A soothing beginning to any psychedelic experience, shroom tea is the preferred way to take magic mushrooms for many psychonauts. It’s also a great way to microdose psilocybin, if you’re not looking for a full-on trip.
Psilocybin mushrooms are usually consumed dried, and for some people, the texture or flavour is a major barrier to taking them. Other people can get over the eating part, but then their stomach gets upset, or they are prone to nausea. Shroom tea is a great option for all of them, where they don’t need to eat the mushrooms themselves to experience their effects.
Some of the best things about making your own mushroom tea? You can customize your flavours, dosage and the strain of psilocybin mushrooms you put in it! Here is a basic recipe for making mushroom tea, but you can jazz it up any way you like at home.
Magic Mushroom Tea Recipe
- Desired amount of mushrooms
- 2 tea bags (use a caffeine-free tea, we recommend Tulsi with Ginger)
- Grind up or finely chop the mushrooms into the smallest pieces possible.
- Boil water and pour over the mushrooms into a large mug or bowl.
- Cover and let steep for 10 minutes.
- Add tea bags. Stir, re-cover and let steep for 10 more minutes.
- Remove tea bags. Strain the liquid into a mug using either cheesecloth, a small sieve, or a coffee filter.
- Discard the strained-out bits of mushroom.
Common additions to this basic recipe include:
- Honey – for added sweetness
- Lemon – for better flavour, or to enhance potency with Lemon Tek
- Ginger – for anti-nausea/upset stomach effects and added flavour
Make Shroom Tea – The Fast & Easy Way!
Don’t have the time, space, or materials to make your own? You can order pre-made mushroom teas from Shroom Wave! We carry the well-known Room 920 line of shroom teas, so you can trust the quality and potency in your cup of magic. All you’ll need to do is add water and maybe sweeten it to your taste.
Blue Moon Tea by Room 920
A mix of organic lemon grass, ginger and blue pea flowers blended with dried Amazonian mushrooms.
Mint Tea by Room 920
Organic spearmint and peppermint flakes blended with 1000mg of Amazonian mushrooms.
Iced Tea by Room 920
Refreshing iced tea mix meant for use with cold water and ice for a nice, cool change from hot teas.
Choose from these three great options each made with Amazonian Cubensis, or browse our wide selection of dried psilocybin mushrooms and try out the recipe above!
Let us know if you’ve tried making shroom tea in the comments below, and how you enjoyed it. What are your favourite additions when you make magic mushroom tea?
Are you curious to learn more about magic mushrooms? Read our other original, informative blogs here.