What is microdosing?
Microdosing is the act of consuming small amounts of psychedelics – about a tenth of a regular dose – on a 2x per week basis for an extended period of time. There are no classic psychedelic effects when under the influence of a microdose. It provides small glimmers of insight into how you can make constructive changes in your life that align with your true self.
How do I microdose?
There are a few proven and well used by many methods to microdosing.
If this is your first time consuming any type of psychedelic start off with Dr. Fadiman’s approach. Dr. Fadiman’s Approach (1 microdose every 3 days).
Dr. Fadiman recommends taking 1 microdose every 3 days to prevent changes of tolerance over time. Take 1 microdose each morning before breakfast.
How do I know microdosing is working?
Since a microdose is meant to be non-psychoactive it is difficult to measure its effects without being very conscious of yourself. Some self-reflection is required to understand your improvements. You can track the effects with this ‘Check Yourself’ checklist. Most likely, you won’t be affected in all areas, but it’s important to take a comprehensive review of the effects. There are 7 areas to track:
- Mental: Notice the thoughts running through your mind. Are they the same as usual, or different in nature? Are you having more or fewer thoughts than usual? In general, is your mind more clear or more cluttered?
- Creative: Are you finding new qualities in things, like stories in objects? Do you find your mind wandering in directions it doesn’t usually? Are you getting more ideas than usual? Do solutions to problems come more easily?
- Emotional: Do your feelings take on any different qualities than before? Are there more or fewer feelings experienced than usual? How quickly do you process them before reaching a resolution and moving on? Is sex better, or a different quality?
- Social: How are you expressing your thoughts and feelings? Are there any changes in the pacing, tone, or nature of your speech? What about your facial expressions? Do you smile more or less? What frequency do you agree or disagree with someone in conversation? Do you talk differently with your coworkers, spouse, friends and family? The barista at the local coffee shop?
- Body: Take a look at how aware (or not aware) you are of your body. Now zoom in on the body by closing your eyes and taking a few deep breaths. Slow your mind and place your full attention on any sensations in your body. Do you notice anything?
- Capabilities: Notice if you’re more able to complete certain tasks than usual. This might manifest as changes in attention span, physical/visual acuity, verbal fluidity, problem solving ability, empathy, different areas of awareness, and so on.
- Outlook: Are you more positive or negative? More optimistic or pessimistic? More or less skeptical? More fearful and guarded, or open to possibilities Feelings of oneness, universality, truth, connectedness, love, or peace are also in this area
Benefits of Mircodosing
Here is what recent research says about the benefits people experience while microdosing:
- Improved Mood – Peacefulness, overall well-being, calmness, happiness.
- Improved Focus – Ability to concentrate and enhanced self-awareness.
- Creativity – Being more open, enhanced curiosity, ability to shift perspectives, and divergent thinking.
- Self-Efficacy – Ambition, self-motivation, self-confidence, and a sense of agency.
- Improved Energy – Mental stimulation, wakefulness, and alertness.
- Social Benefits – Empathy, a greater sense of connection, and more extroversion.
- Cognitive Benefits – Mental clarity, better memory recall, and an improvement in problem-solving ability.
- Reduced Anxiety – Reduction in both general and social anxiety.
- Physiological Enhancement – Enhanced visual acuity, cardio endurance, reduction of migraines , and higher quality of sleep.